The Pulse of ITAD: E-Waste & Recycling – A Toxic Marriage

Brooks Hoffman

Technology is a double-edged sword. On one hand, technology has created advances for society improving our quality of life dramatically, while on the other hand technology can create massive problems if not recycled properly. The issue with not recycling unwanted technology (e-Waste) is that this technology now becomes toxic waste. Worldwide, nearly 50 million tons of electronic waste is disposed of annually and this figure is growing by at least 4% every year. From this enormous amount, only 20% of e-waste is recycled. The remaining 80% winds up in landfills.

Iron Mountain’s Afra Tarifi examines this issue in a new article on LinkedIn.

TAKE A DEEPER DIVE

READ ON FOR A MORE IN-DEPTH LOOK AT THIS TOPIC

More in Storage & Destruction

Comments

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS HERE